Matthew 7:13-14

Enter in through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there are who go in through it. Because narrow is the gate and straight is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. ~ Matthew 7:13-14

Friday, May 21, 2010

Letter From Moishe Rosen

He being dead still speaks. (Hebrews 11:4)



Dear friends,

If you are reading this, it means that I have gone on to my reward. As I
write this, I can only think of what the Scriptures say and that is, "Eye
has not seen, ear has not heard, neither have they entered into the heart of
man the things that God has prepared for those who love him." (1 Corinthians 2:9) Well, I have a big curiosity and by now, I know.

I don't suppose that I will be writing you any new material, but there are a
few articles in the works that might still come through.

As I go, I feel that I have left a number of things undone. I think
everyone must feel that way. There were words of appreciation that I looked
for an occasion to express, but they didn't come. There were words of
regret that I would have expressed to others. And there were words of
encouragement that I had for all who were believers.

I'd like to encourage you to stay with Jews for Jesus. I was the Executive
Director until 1996. Many things have changed. Some of them definitely for
the better and others that I can't say were for the worst, but things that I
would not have thought to do. Nevertheless the core of what Jews for Jesus
stands for is still central.

As I go, one of the things that concerns me deeply is how much
misunderstanding there is among believers. I never thought I would live to
see the day when those who know the Lord and are born again were supporting
the efforts of rabbis who, frankly, not only didn't know Christ, but didn't
want to know Him.

To be an honest ministry, it can only come from the Holy Spirit; and
the Holy Spirit can only indwell those who have the new birth and are born
again. Therefore, I would urge you to think very seriously before you support any "ministry" that involves Jewish people and doesn't actually bring the gospel to the Jews.

Likewise, I am concerned over something else that I never thought that I would
see or hear and that is, Jews who have become believers in Jesus and have
important positions in ministry yet feel that their primary purpose is to
promote Jewishness and Judaism to the Jews.

I hope I can count on you to show love and respect for the Jewish people,
but Jewishness never saved anybody. Judaism never saved anybody no matter
how sincere. Romans 10:9 & 10 make it clear that we must believe in our
hearts and confess with our mouths the Lord Jesus in order to be saved.
There are no shortcuts. There is no easy way. Within Judaism today, there
is no salvation because Christ has no place within Judaism.

Aside from these concerns, I want to say that I feel as I have always felt
that we stand on the edge of a breakthrough in Jewish evangelism. Just a
little more. Just another push. Just another soul - and we will have
reached critical mass where we begin generating that energy that the whole
world might know the Lord.

I would also encourage you to be faithful to those Bible-teaching,
Bible-preaching churches that give spiritual food. More than ever, the
church needs faithful members who can be an example to the young people
coming in. Maybe there are some features about your church that keep you
from being enthusiastic - look around and see if there might be a better
church for you. If there is, join it and enjoy it. If your church is doing a lot right, then stay where you’re planted.

I don't expect that Jews for Jesus will be undergoing any turmoil because of
my demise. For many years, the leadership has been in competent hands, but
this is a time when there needs to be some encouragement. The executive
director and the staff need to hear that you intend to continue standing
with us.

Anything done for Christ will last. Anything you do to help and encourage
Jews for Jesus at this time will have lasting effects on all of us. So
instead of saying "good bye," I'll just say, "until then - I'll see you in
the sky."

Moishe

Moishe went to be with his Messiah and Lord on May 19th. We are rejoicing for him but appreciate your prayers for the Rosen family and for our whole ministry as we mourn our loss. In lieu of flowers, the family wishes that gifts be made in his honor to Jews for Jesus, 60 Haight Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 for the Moishe Rosen Center in Israel. You can do this online at: jewsforjesus.org/moishetribute

No comments: